Monday, March 29, 2010

Collage Reflection





Think Creatively
My collage depicts some creativity because it is divided into two sides. The first side shows the hard life of the lost boys, while the second side shows what their future can be. The point is further established with the help of the 3-D images used on both sides of the collage.On the first side, fire is used to show the hardship they have been through while on the second side, a dove is used to represent the peaceful future they can have. Also in the middle I put some words saying "This can be our future with your help" and an arrow pointing to the second side to show what I am referring to. I also think it was creative because of all the overlapping pictures used to achieve texture.



Reason Critically
I used the images to highlight my understanding of the lost boys situation by using war pictures to show their hardship. I also used fire to show the extent to which they suffered.I also recognised the fact that they heavily depended on the UN and support from people by putting the UN symbol and putting statements like "help us", "this can be our future with your help"," a little help can make a big difference", "help us", "be a life changer".



Communicate Effectively
I think the collage very much helps pass my message across. In this collage, you aren't only told about their hardships, but also what can help them come out of this situation. This clearly portrays the message my memoir carries that with help their condition isn't permanent. The collage is made to be like a journey, from hardship to success with help. This collage tells you that although this isn't achieved already, your step to help can make it happen.



Live Ethically
This collage helps in creating empathy in the mind of the viewer with all the pictures showing dead people, signs of sadness, danger, and so on. At the sight of this I believe the viewer would be moved with pity and motivated to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment